NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
New Beetle Lover
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To make a long story short, I think it’s time to replace the SAI. Once I remove the cover, it’s right out in the open, easy access, but do I have to remove the whole mounting bracket? Can’t I just remove the hoses, undo the mounting nuts and slide it out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was able to do that

My situation is a bit different in that I was trying to access the coils beneath this. I was barely able to squeak the SAI pump out without doing more than disconnecting the hoses and the electric plug.

The wiring for the pump from the plug into the unit was kind of stiff and made getting it out a bit of a challenge. It comes out, though.

·
New Beetle Lover
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My situation is a bit different in that I was trying to access the coils beneath this. I was barely able to squeak the SAI pump out without doing more than disconnecting the hoses and the electric plug.

The wiring for the pump from the plug into the unit was kind of stiff and made getting it out a bit of a challenge. It comes out, though.
Ethan, I had s bit of an issue getting the SAI out. It would only slide so far, then it butted up against some fluid reservoir that I haven’t identified yet. 😆 I unbolted the reservoir, moved it to the side a little an was able to swap out thr SAI without much of an issue.

Sadly, it turned off the check engine light just long enough to get inspected and now its back, along with a main catalyst code. Something went horribly wrong with my exhaust on Wednesday and it’s in the shop now. Fingers crossed when that is fixed both codes will go away. 😄

1 - 3 of 3 Posts