NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Guys - I'm new here and looking for a little advice. Sorry if this is the wrong section.
I am selling my daughter's 2002 Beetle Turbo Double Yellow Limited Edition. We've owned it for 7 years and have done all the maintenance, etc. It has @ 82,000 miles and is in nearly showroom condition. Timing belt, water pump, and alternator all new within the past 8 months. Everything works.

So my question: I know a lot of "collectors" really covet these Limited Edition models, so where is (are) the best places(s) to advertise this car to attract serious enthusiasts and maximize her return?

Thanks in advance for your advice, and I'll willing accept any deserved flames.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I think your in the right place. Seeing as how most people dont even know what a color concept Beetle is. But as the last poster stated, the fact that it is a CC wont really effect the pricing much. These cars will not make it to the collector car status anytime soon. Your best bet is to find a buyer who is already a enthusiast who will know that the CC is a special breed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys!

It's an automatic tansmission, and I'll be posting pics and puting it up for sale as soon as it gets back from the shop.
The yellow of the driver's seat absorbed blue dye from blue jeans. No rips or tears in the leather anywhere, but it really doesn't look very nice. So it's getting all the yellow leather surfaces re-dyed the original color so everything matches and looks brand new. I've also ordered new hood and trunk lid emblems and center wheel caps, as those had faded over time.

It's a fun car to drive... I just look a little silly being that I am a rather large middle-aged balding construction company owner who really has no place behind the wheel of a bright yellow beetle! :eek:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Thanks for the input guys!

It's an automatic tansmission, and I'll be posting pics and puting it up for sale as soon as it gets back from the shop.
The yellow of the driver's seat absorbed blue dye from blue jeans. No rips or tears in the leather anywhere, but it really doesn't look very nice. So it's getting all the yellow leather surfaces re-dyed the original color so everything matches and looks brand new. I've also ordered new hood and trunk lid emblems and center wheel caps, as those had faded over time.

It's a fun car to drive... I just look a little silly being that I am a rather large middle-aged balding construction company owner who really has no place behind the wheel of a bright yellow beetle! :eek:
Well, I am close to middle age (whenever that starts) and I am definitely large (6'3" 260lbs) and I drive a Yellow Beetle :D
They are fun cars and of all the cars I owned I realy like this little car. ;)
Your car sounds like a real gem! Can't wait to see some pics!
One strike it has against it is the weak and troublesome Automatic transmission. If you haven't had any issues with it yet than you are very lucky.
Anyway, I will look for your pics in the classifieds. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah - transmission was rebuilt (or replaced??) by Volkswagen at @ 55,000 miles. I forgot about that until you mentioned it.
Good call!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts