NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
formally t-bucket
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave2: Howdy folks,

Last time I was on here I had the handle of T-bucket because that was the fun rod I drove in the warm, non snowey days.

Just wondoering if any of you fine folks out here have purchased an '06 NB in the Salsa Red? I've been holding out to see what the Gecko Green looks like, but I saw a Beetle Tuesday evening under the VW lights and it was Salsa Red...looked sharp.:thup:

Jerry

·
Super Moderator
14,769 Posts
Saw my first Salsa and Gecko Green a few weeks ago. I love both! The Gecko is a gorgeous green, with a silvery influence, kinda "minty". A cool color, hard to describe. We were in our Tornado Red NBC at the time, so could see the differences between the two reds. Salsa is a little darker, but still beautiful.

You need to go in and look at each! Good luck to you! And, Welcome back! :wave3:

·
formally t-bucket
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CyberGreenBaby,

Yes I was scoping out Rubie and she is a beauty. I have a red F-150 now and swore I would never get another "red anything", but I've yet to see the Gecko Green. It's not a real popular color up here in N.E. Wisconsin I guess. The Salsa is a really sharp color. Well, I guess I best hold out to see the Gecko, as my wife said if I got another color I'd probably be kicking my butt.

Take care of Rubie...she's a sweetie.

By the way, thanks for the "welcome back"...it's good to be home and once I get whatever color bug, this will be my second home.

Jerry

·
formally t-bucket
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dnyed,

Thank you also for the "welcome back." As I told CyberGreenBaby whenever I get my '06 Beetle this will be my second home.

I bought my wife an '05 Passat Wagon TDI this past February and she loves it. I'll be shooting for an '06 NB TDI with the 5-speed.

Guess I'll call around down to Milwaukee, WI and see if they have a Gecko Green in their area. It's killin' me that I can't find that color up here.

Thanks for the info on the colors.

Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts