NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Achtung Baby
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Salsa red/ cream top today and now I have to re think my color decision hehe. For the last two years I have wanted aquarius blue/ grey top but since seeing the salso red, I am not so sure anymore:confused:

·
Beetleman
430 Posts
:bigthumb: Salsa Red w/ Creme top sure does LOOK great, BUT, it's going to be a bear keeping that Creme top clean !
I have seen many Harvest Moon / Creme combo verts and not one of them had a clean top. Just normal grime in the air gets into the fabric and even if it's treated with Raggtop, the movement of the top going up and down just imbeds the gunk deeper to a point where it takes a real good cleaning very frequently to keep it lookin good.
As much as I wanted a Creme top for the look, I went with a Black top for easy care and cleaning plus is stays LOOKING clean far longer than a light colored top.

Just my observations. Good luck with your decision.:)

·
Achtung Baby
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering about that color top and keeping it clean. Also I started thinking about my kids in a car with light colored carpet LOL.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
shellbug said:
Also I started thinking about my kids in a car with light colored carpet LOL.
Exactly why we went with the black interior ;)
Our dealer had a custom triple-white NBC in their showroom when we were buying Kermit. We let our kids climb into it, and all the salesmen started playin' rock/paper/scissors to figure out who would have to clean it afterwards :D

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Steinola said:
Exactly why we went with the black interior ;)
Our dealer had a custom triple-white NBC in their showroom when we were buying Kermit. We let our kids climb into it, and all the salesmen started playin' rock/paper/scissors to figure out who would have to clean it afterwards :D
Triple white?? Damn, I would love to see that one. You wouln't possibly have any pics would you?

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Toad said:
Triple white?? Damn, I would love to see that one. You wouln't possibly have any pics would you?
No... I didn't get any pics. And when I finally returned to the dealer, it was gone.
It was quite beautiful. It was white white, too... not creme. All custom interior and top. Very nice. Of course... I think the sticker on it was just shy of $40K. Maybe $35K. I keep thinking I'll see it driving around town... but never do.

·
Super Moderator
14,769 Posts
:( I have not seen Salsa Red, yet. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have my first cream interior in ages.... and when I had Brie's oil changed, the shop guys got her dirty! I couldn't figure what happened at first, then I was annoyed!

I'm also finding that my Pointer's hair (he sheds a lot) is a challenge too! Stick with black! I didn't find a lick of difference in the "temperature" of the car and we had a hot summer, too!

·
Achtung Baby
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I am gonna pass on the light colored interior. I am back to wanting aquarius blue/ grey. :)
~Shelly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts