NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LuLu - 2001 GLS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep Santa brought me a New Beetle, it didn't quite squeeze it down the chimney! I came in to work and here it sat in the parking lot. Hubby got lots of :hugkiss:

She's a beautiful blue 2001 GLS. Love Love Love this car!!! I've wanted a 'punch bug' since I was a little girl and I have flipped over "LuLu". We do have a 1968 Baha Bug but it's a summer show car so I don't drive it but a couple times a year.

I'm doing the cutesy thing (insert groan here :cool: ). I've already gotten the daisy flower rims and the flower stickers are on order. Seat covers, eye lids, tail light covers and antenna ball are on their way. Oh, should mention the personallized DAISSY license plate! lolol I do believe my 15 year old daughter thinks she's getting my car when she turns 16... boy is she wrong! :p

I live in small town Ohio. Hubby and I own and operate an auto repair/tire shop. I'm a car-gal at heart and also have a 1915 Saxon Model A in original awesome condition.

I'm off to learn from all the masters about my favorite thing!!!

Stephanie

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is awesome. Did the same for my wife (albeit a Mini) and her reaction was proceless. I imagine yours was no less. ;) Many congrats on Lulu!

PS: one word for ya - PICS. :D We are such visual ppl here. Haha

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Great story, very romantic indeed.

When you can, please post up some pic's of Lulu, that would be wonderful.

Enjoy your new round friend, and keep an eye out for the many GTG in Ohio.

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Cool Story!

Congrats on the new Baby! Can't wait to see some pics of her! Also looking forward to, hopefully, seeing you at some of the New Beetle events throughout the region. The best and biggest one that's near you is TOD. Tail of the Dragon. Check it out and come join us for one of the best and most exciting New Beetle get togethers there is.

Again, Welcome!

Chuckie

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Congrats on the new Baby! Can't wait to see some pics of her! Also looking forward to, hopefully, seeing you at some of the New Beetle events throughout the region. The best and biggest one that's near you is TOD. Tail of the Dragon. Check it out and come join us for one of the best and most exciting New Beetle get togethers there is.

Again, Welcome!

Chuckie
You can use the link in my signature to get to the main TOD threads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts