VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One my employees saved his $$ and bought a certified used 2010 Beetle with factory installed Sirius/XM. Came with a three month trial, and he loves it but doesn't really have the means to get a subscription to continue.

I have one of our activated STR4 receivers with Commercial Service (65 music channels)not currently in use that I am willing to let him use until I need it back. It plays just fine on external antenna in it's dock, etc.

Is there any way he could use his Beet's built in antenna, power, etc and use regular 1/8" stereo cable to play through his system?

Since this would be a temporary deal don't want to fuss with too much permanent installation cost or modification.

TIA for any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
You might want to read this - http://newbeetle.org/forums/car-audio/58487-7-90-aux-input-newer-head-unit.html

The head unit should support Aux in?? The car may already be wired for Aux in, if not, a $8 cable and some time to take the old connector off, pull the radio, which you will need to radio tools for and you can add a Aux input.

The Sat antenna should have a Farka connector to the Sat module that should be located behind the glove box?? If not buy a check $10 antenna and put it on the dash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts