NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Steinola said:
I never quite understood the difference between the Sciroco and Corrado. To me, it seemed that the Sciroco went away at precisely the same time that the Corrado rolled out... in effect, the Corrado was the new, updated Sciroco. I just never understood why they changed the name.
Yup, basically that was it. The Corrado replaced the Scirocco. Not sure why the name change. Sometimes manufacturers do that if they wanna go a bit more upscale with it?

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
pdoel said:
Sometimes manufacturers do that if they wanna go a bit more upscale with it?
Yeah... I know. But... then... why go back for the 2007-08? Ah well. Never let it be said that auto manufacturers always make smart decisions.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Steinola said:
Yeah... I know. But... then... why go back for the 2007-08? Ah well. Never let it be said that auto manufacturers always make smart decisions.
Because in the VW circle, Sciroccos and Corrados are known for being sporty cars? ;)

-Des

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
TDI, GTI, FBI, who cares, just build it ppppllllleeeeaaaasssseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

That is one sweeettt ride....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
From this month's Motor Trend:

VW Chief Wolfgang Bernhard is finally putting some flesh into his promise to introduce 10 new VW-branded vehicles by the end of the decade, even though some models haven't been determined.

One that's made the cut for the 2008 model year is a "new Scirocco," a reprise of the much-loved 1974-1992 Golf-based hatchback coupes.

One difficulty facing VW is to separate the new Scirocco from Audi's next TT, expeically if Audi decides to import the Shooting Brake version to the U.S. The TT uses the same mechanical matrix, but it's likely the VW will have more rear-seat space than the TT. Practicality was always a hallmark of the Scirocco line.

The top version will run the Golf R32's driveline, which means a 247-horse, narrow-angle V-6, DSG six speed gearbox, and 4Motion all-wheel drive. It'll run 155 mph and 0-60 mph in about 6.0-seconds flat. Engines for the U.S. will begin with the 2.0-liter direct-injection turbo four with at least 200 horsepower and front drive. The engine is already available in Europe with 220 horses.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts