NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
New-B
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While lurking this morning, I came across this hobbies section. Figured I'd share my little obsession-turned-career. It may just spark some interest in those of you that like fun modes of travel and getting into a scene that has a very "family" oriented way about it:

SCOOTERS

For myself, the Honda Ruckus/Metropolitan platform is my go-to, but I have a few bikes in rotation! After attending countless car/cycle meets, cruises, shows, and what not... I've never come across a community quite like the scoot' community. Even if a certain model isn't "preferred" in a certain click, there's really no hate there. Everyone can appreciate the love, and the love to ride! Here's a few of my current/recent builds/projects...along with a few ride photos:

"Mr. Rice" (I'm a RAVENS fan. Decided to show my colors!)

"Buzz" AKA "Greeny" AKA "PASCAL" (recently sold)

Honda Elite 50s: Swap, stretch, fatty and more! (still under construction)

Recently acquired Sachs MadAss 125 (ComposiMo Built)

SOME RIDE SHOTS!

They are def a labor of love and turn heads where ever they go! Just as much fun as anything else with two wheels! Riding around, enjoying the out doors, meeting like minded people, tinkering, modifying...you name it! They are a blast and great on gas.:D

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
OMG those are so cool. i just got rid of my GSXR 750 and i miss the bike community. but after almost dying because an old lady decided to swipe my front tire at 80 mph, i decided to come back to 4 wheels.

i have thought of getting a rukkus. here in Dallas, there are some pretty awesome ones, but i havent see one with such great detail as yours. looks good sir!!

-jd

·
New-B
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG those are so cool. i just got rid of my GSXR 750 and i miss the bike community. but after almost dying because an old lady decided to swipe my front tire at 80 mph, i decided to come back to 4 wheels.

i have thought of getting a rukkus. here in Dallas, there are some pretty awesome ones, but i havent see one with such great detail as yours. looks good sir!!

-jd
I can relate - Six compression fractured vertebra, 5 broken ribs , chipped teeth, and fully separated AC joint (all of the ligaments torn from the shoulder).... All because a lady was on her cell phone.

Most of the "killer" Ruckus builds are in Houston- 2 of the guys in the VA crew just moved to that area. Being that you're in the Beetle community, you can understand ours PERFECTLY... People clown you for it being a scooter, until they actually see it/hear it.

And 60% of the "big boy bike" riders always ask- "When you gonna get a REAL bike?" My answer is always the same -

"Well, considering we face the same dangers, maybe even more than you, I consider this a "real' bike. But since you asked - The minute people stop looking at my bike, and looking at yours, will be when I buy a "REAL"bike." ;) They normally shut up considering they are the ones that have walked all the way across a lot to look at them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts