NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since everyone is giving props to their dealerships, I thought I'd say something about mine. Scott VW in Providence, RI is a VW-only dealership that has been owned and run by the Scott family for 3 generations. It is one of the oldest dealerships in the country, and the owner's son, a schoolmate of mine, is the new general manager. My salesman is Mark, who has sold VWs to my family for almost 9 years. Both of my VWs were requested (kinda like ordering) from the factory by Mark. He never once insisted on buying a car from their inventory, although while I was waiting for months for my Jetta to arrive from the factory, he did mention a couple of similar cars just out of courtesy. Everyone in the showroom is extremely polite and not at all aggressive. Everyone in the service and parts departments, as well as the body shop are also polite. Many of the employees are VW enthusiasts themselves, which isn't something you find all the time. They're very helpful when it comes to ordering parts that did not come on your VWs. For example, the parts dept. and body shop were very willing to help me with my Turbo S bumper conversion, which was great because it meant not having to hunt down private body shops and do tons of research into getting all of the parts (but I have to also thank w00sh for providing an extensive parts list). The only thing they won't do for you is sell you a Phaeton, because they wisely opted not to sell that model. So if you're from RI, or even from Massachusetts, as I am, stop by at Scott VW. It's on Rt 1A. And if you're in CT, and would like a friendly service advisor, look up my buddy Mike Fischer at Valenti VW.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, I almost forgot to include this! When my dad was in the market for a facelifted 2001.5 Passat Wagon with 4Motion, Scott VW was the only dealership that offered a discount without us having to ask! At that time, the facelifted Passat with the chrome and the new front end and rear lights had JUST come out that month, and 4Motion wagons were extremely rare. I went to other dealerships pretending to be interested, all the time knowing we would never buy a VW from anyone else, and EVERYONE else said that they could not offer any discount due to the rarity of the car. I know it wasn't the nicest thing to do to the salesmen, but there are several VW dealerships that are much closer to us than Scott, which is 30 minutes away in ANOTHER STATE! So, whenever I'd pass by one of them, I'd pop in just to look at the new Passat and ask questions about it. No real harm done!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts