NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love photography and have been scrapbooking my photos and memories for about 5 years now. I like to photograph our life, moments and put them in books with colorful paper and embellishments. Then you journal the details and dates or quotes. Its a great hobby for women and men and a fast growing industry too. I go on weekend retreats where we have lots of good food and chocolate and gossip some too, while we scrap. I have boxes of photos and dont know if I will ever get caught up. I havent done a beetle page yet, but have the lime paper and punchbuggy punchies ready! Scrappers are you out there?
Post a picture of a page youve done. A whole 12 x12 page wont fit on my scanner , but I can put part of one.:cool:

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took a picture of this page I did of my daughter Brooklyn when she was little.

Attachments

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
I'm not a scrap booker, but I do know a bit about preserving memories.

Make sure the paper and tape/adhesive are either archival or at least acid-free. If not, in a few years, your photo's will change colors, fade and possibly deteriorate. (A few years could be 5 or more years.)

I don't know about you, but after all that hard work, I would want my children to see my handy work in all it's glory!

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you are correct! We like to use acid free, lignin free, and pvc free or designated archival quality products. So many products are available now the possibilities are endless! Chalk,ink,paper,stickers,fibers,ribbon,charms, embellishments, it is very overwhelming. You can even buy quality products in the dollar store these days. I plan to photocopy my pages and give my kids copies of the original albums. Especially when you think of the divorce rate and what could happen to the originals in uncaring hands.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
I worked at A.C. Moore for a little while and used to think "Why do people waste their time with this stuff..it looks boring!" Until I had to make a scrapbook page for my best friend for her bridal shower. I had so much fun doing just that one page and I got so many compliments on it that I decided to go through all my photos and make a whole book. I think I did about 10 pages in a week and I didn't skimp on em either! :goodjob: It was lots of fun...very addicting but also a very expensive hobby if you get really deep into it!

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
My wife has been scrapbooking for years. About 3 years ago I did a page for for the heck of it. Now I'm hooked. It's a hobby the we share together. At our local scrapbook store I was the 1st male to take a class. And with my memory it's good to preserve them while their fresh.

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beetle border at walmart! yippee, I'm there! I thought scrappn might be boring too, until I tried it and now I am hooked. It is good to get some quotes or little memories jotted down on each page to remind you and others in years to come, the who,what,where,when. My memory is horrible too. I would craft my self to death if I worked at ac moore.;)

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Dottydeb said:
Beetle border at walmart! yippee, I'm there! I thought scrappn might be boring too, until I tried it and now I am hooked. It is good to get some quotes or little memories jotted down on each page to remind you and others in years to come, the who,what,where,when. My memory is horrible too. I would craft my self to death if I worked at ac moore.;)

OMG I went crazy in that place all the time! It probably didnt pay for me to work there LOL. Besides buying scrap booking stuff I was constantly buyin truck loads of those scented wax tarts. They have so many good scents. I love the hazelnut coffee and the cinnamon vanilla...mmmm. Oh and all the flowers...I bought tons of the fake gerbera daisies and put them all over my apartment..and in Skittle of course. I change her daisy at least once a week otherwise they start to fade...ok that was off topic. Sorry! lol

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a new digi cam for Christmas. Now I need a Scanner and printer that will do 12x12 so that I can make copies of my pages for my kids. I could do a digi picture of each page then print it out without a scanner I guess? I would rather have an all in one type if possible. Anybody got any suggestions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts