NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 1999 beetle gls 5speed. The previous owner had switched out my power & heated seat for a manual and non heated. I assume it was ripped.

So being as I want a warm tush I went and picked up a heated seat from a 2002 NB. My problem is that my 2002 seat has a 4 wire seat belt and my car takes a 2 wire. I attempted to swap seat belts but by not paying attention I used a 40mm torx bit instead of a triple square bit and stripped both seats :(.

So my questions are....how do I wire my 4 wire seatbelt using just the brown and yellow wire? or does my seatbelt have anything to do with my airbags in my year? If it doesnt I may as well leave it unwired.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Kate

·
Registered
790 Posts
Two possibilities bigger torx or triple square and hammer it into the hole and break it loose. Vice grips on the outside diameter of that bolt.

Keep in mind that she had her problems 5 years ago so she’s unlikely to still be around to give you an answer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wired the side air bag ignitor up blue to yellow with blue stripe, black to yellow with green stripe, and brown to brown, cleared codes with millennium 70 scan tool, no more srs light:) however the seat belt light doesn’t come on with belt unbuckled even tried driving doesn’t seem to care? I only had two wires at the car brown and yellow for the seat belt, left the blue and green wires going to nothing? Why does the 02 and up have a 4 wire seat belt switch and the 99 only has 2 wires? I have a 05 diagram from auto zone but I’d love to see a 99 diagram for the seat belt warning lamp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts