NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Professional VW Nut
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I replaced my whole seatbelt assembly on our 2000 NB as the old one was in shreds, I picked up a used one in correct color (not knowing the 99 would be different) the one I have looks like it has a mechanical lock rather then the electronic one that was in it, Is there a way I can fool the wifes bug into this working? I have two wires (yellow and dark brown)would the resistor mod work in this case?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
seatbelt

If you do put resistors do it at your own risk cause bypassing that system could be lethally dangerous. Here is the wiring info for the switches under the seats and buckles.

On the driver's side the Brown Green is just a switch, shorted with the buckle out and open with the buckle in.
Blue-Yellow is a switch with resistors, 1.66kΩ with the buckle out and .47kΩ with the buckle in.

The passenger side only has the Blue-Yellow is a switch with resistors, 1.66kΩ with the buckle out and .47kΩ with the buckle in.

If you put a R

Good luck man

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
seat belt cable

yea that is different than what I have in my 2003 beetle it might now work, to answer your original question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts