NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anyone here owned a pre-facelift Beetle (98-05) and ALSO owned facelift model (06-10)? If so, could you tell me if there was a noticeable difference to the seats - specifically, lower back comfort?

Thank you,
Stephen

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Backstory: (pun intended)
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I think I'll be buying New Beetle Convertible in the next year. Just waiting on the right one to pop up.

Back in ~2006, I spent many hours driving a 2003 New Beetle Convertible and loved every moment of it... other than the seats. The seats in the 2003 New Beetle Convertible I drove did not have lumbar adjustment and I found the lumbar to be lacking, which was really painful after a few hours.

I would prefer to buy a 2007-2010 New Beetle Convertible, but the seats appear to be very similar to the 2003 I had trouble with.

I have found that some 2004-ish NBCs come with Sport seats with lumbar and higher side bolsters. I was just hoping to buy something more recent... specifically a Triple White!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a 04 tdi face lift. The seats and dash etc and 51 turbo. The 51 seats are better than the newer version. I do have a v5 sport with the sport seat were lumber support. Great seat for comfort and support

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 04 tdi face lift. The seats and dash etc and 51 turbo. The 51 seats are better than the newer version. I do have a v5 sport with the sport seat were lumber support. Great seat for comfort and support
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I should have mentioned that I am in the US and am specifically looking for info from US owners, since we weren't as lucky on these shores to have the same comfy seats you got in the UK.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A friend has a 2004 New Beetle with the sport seats (more squared off looking with nice tall side bolsters and lumbar support). Although she has had a lot of issues with her car, the seats sure are comfy! I haven't been able to find a single 2006 to 2010 New Beetle for sale to check out in person within 200 miles of where I'm living. Obviously I see people in them in traffic and such, they just don't seem to be for sale anywhere!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts