NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
SMG said:
Wow, to do the front and backs from WetOkole, it would be over $500.

I could find some real leather seats for that...

SMG

I think Sam's has knockoffs for cheap, but I'm not sure if they have airbag holes. I guess you could always alter them if they don't. (Those are my plans, love WetOkole, not able to afford it heh)

·
knows VW
14 Posts
Seat covers- air bags???

Why would you think that you would need holes for the air bags?? Have you ever seen an air bag deploy? A seat cover won't stop it!!!

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
ksanchez said:
Why would you think that you would need holes for the air bags?? Have you ever seen an air bag deploy? A seat cover won't stop it!!!
I beg to differ, having experienced it first hand.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ksanchez said:
I'm a "newbie" NB owner and made this mistake first thing. I put on some cheap covers for decoration and the first time I took my NB in for maintenance, the tech told me to take them off if I didn't want broken ribs if the airbag deploys as the covers cause them to deploy inward if covered. Since I was just recovering from 4 broken ribs, a collapsed lung and a spinal fracture, I cut through the side seams almost the whole length (these were really cheap) of the seat back so they are now open on the sides and it looks fine which surprised me. I just turned under the edges - someone who could sew would hem that but since I can't, they are just turned under.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts