VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have the problem with the passenger seatbelt making an insane amount of noise when you are driving with the top down and no one in the passenger seat?? The first couple of months I had my NBC I don't remember this happening. Then all of a sudden on day it started. I try different things like moving the buckle around for some weight and sometimes this works, but rarely. And it's not like I'm driving fast. It even does this when I am driving just driving around 35 miles an hour. When I drive on the freeway it's so bad, I buckle the seatbelt. Any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
971 Posts
Yes it does happen. I bought some seatbelt pads from the local parts store ($6) and just slide it toward the buckle. It is just enough weight to keep the strap still.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,800 Posts
If you turn the stereo up loud enough, you can't hear it at all! ;)
 

·
Boogety Boogety
Joined
·
413 Posts
dnyed, turning up the radio shouldn't make any difference... driving an NBC top down usually creates a driver's grin of such width that your ears close up and you can't hear the stereo anyhoooo... it kind of looke like this :D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,800 Posts
You know it! :D :D
 

·
Howdy
Joined
·
140 Posts
boogety boogety said:
dnyed, turning up the radio shouldn't make any difference... driving an NBC top down usually creates a driver's grin of such width that your ears close up and you can't hear the stereo anyhoooo... it kind of looke like this :D
Normally I would not notice for the :D ,but the price of fuel distracted me for a moment and I heard the belt flapping.:)
 

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
Joined
·
687 Posts
It annoying, and I was going to do something about it. But I got a windstop and the flapping stopped.

If you don't have a windstop, you could try some velcro, or buckling the unused seatbelts.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
566 Posts
Me too!

What I usually do is buckle the seat belt and NO PROBLEM! Just don't have it buckled when you have your car hooked up to the computer at the dealer and they reset everything! LOL That happend to me...and I had to keep the seat belt buckled until I got back there to have them UN do the dinging! LOL :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
With the windstop in, I don't have the problem, but 9 times out of 10 I don't have the windstop in, so . . .

I notice the annoying flapping, and at the next stop light I reach over and grab the belt and loop it around the headrest of the passenger seat. Voila! No more flapping!
 

·
My steed is Killer
Joined
·
75 Posts
I love these forums for this... I thought for sure that I had the only NBC with a flapping passenger seatbelt!

I just buckle it in when it starts. It only seems to happen once in a while... like the wind has to be just right... :scatter:
 

·
Boogety Boogety
Joined
·
413 Posts
It's like a cloth or sheepskin sleeve that fits over your seatbelt to keep it from rubbing on your clothes... :D

Se parece a una manga de tela o de cuero que se pone arriba del cinturon de seguridad para que no le haga dano a la ropa... :D

Y tu ingles es mejor que mi espanol (no se portugues) ;)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,800 Posts
Seatbelt pads are something like this. They come in hundreds of styles. Search Google "Images" for "seatbelt pads", like I just did. ;)
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,303 Posts
Hole where seat belt comes through

There is an easy solution for this problem. The hole at the top where the seatbelt comes through is big. You put the plastic part of the buckle in that hole. It fits. And that holds the seatbelt in place so that it doesnt flap around in the breeze. :D Volkswagen thought about this.
Too bad they didnt think about the windows coming down in NY winters when you open the door....and the windows are frozen.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FlwrPwer said:
There is an easy solution for this problem. The hole at the top where the seatbelt comes through is big. You put the plastic part of the buckle in that hole. It fits. And that holds the seatbelt in place so that it doesnt flap around in the breeze. :D Volkswagen thought about this.
Too bad they didnt think about the windows coming down in NY winters when you open the door....and the windows are frozen.
:eek: :eek: Duh, I never thought about this... I'm gonna have to drive home with my top down and go extra fast to really try this out :D Thanks!!
 

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
Joined
·
6,525 Posts
FlwrPwer said:
There is an easy solution for this problem. The hole at the top where the seatbelt comes through is big. You put the plastic part of the buckle in that hole. It fits. And that holds the seatbelt in place so that it doesnt flap around in the breeze. :D Volkswagen thought about this.
Word.
 

·
gEEmON
Joined
·
12 Posts
Never thought of that I will try this as well, but the only thing is...... will it scratch my paint work... da da daaaaaaaa
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
566 Posts
killerbug said:
I love these forums for this... I thought for sure that I had the only NBC with a flapping passenger seatbelt!

I just buckle it in when it starts. It only seems to happen once in a while... like the wind has to be just right... :scatter:


Great minds think a like!

(see above) LOL
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top