VW Beetle Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
:::smiles and nods:::
518 Posts
FlwrPwer said:
Too bad they didnt think about the windows coming down in NY winters when you open the door....and the windows are frozen.
Oh wow - what *do* you do in this situation? Granted it is the middle of summer, but I want to be prepared for when it does happen. :thup:

·
Beetleman
430 Posts
I only had to deal with this frost/ice problem once last year while visiting family in Massachusetts.

I made sure that I had a window scraper in the trunk of the vert. Before opening the door I unlocked the trunk, took out the scraper, scraped the ice and snow from the windows then proceeded to open the doors. The windows operated flawlessly and I did not have any issues in the cold weather.

Just make sure you put your scraper back in the trunk so it will be available if you get more snow, frost or ice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hole where seat belt comes through

There is an easy solution for this problem. The hole at the top where the seatbelt comes through is big. You put the plastic part of the buckle in that hole. It fits. And that holds the seatbelt in place so that it doesnt flap around in the breeze. :D Volkswagen thought about this.
Too bad they didnt think about the windows coming down in NY winters when you open the door....and the windows are frozen.
Wow, great idea. My Audi convertible has the same issue. I was going to buy some pretty ugly seatbelt covers, but your idea is great. It does fit in the hole and now it's solved. Simple and effective. Thanks for the post.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts