VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I want to get some new seats for my NB (just the front ones).

What choices do I have? Will seats for all of the newer NBs work? What about from a Golf?

Mine are just basic seats no heating or airbags.

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
Wait I don't know about that. I remember seeing somewhere that the connections from the seat side airbags changed. Not sure what year that happened. So to keep it less stressful and avoiding the guessing game, try to get seats from a similar year car.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Pretty much any seats from a 2dr mk4 will fit right in. 4dr seats won't have the latch to get into the rear. You don't need to worry about the connections since you won't be using them. If you do get airbag seats I think there is a safety shorting plug you should probably plug into the airbag connectors.

I don't know if the rear seats are the same shape as the bug's

·
Registered
119 Posts
are you sure that your seats dosent have airbag?
As far as i know all front seats from the same platform, Golf IV fit, the connectors for heat and airbag should be the same.
Im pretty sure that the rear seat from a Golf dosent fit a NB, but i will check tomorrow as im picikng up my new seats from a Golf IV GTI.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I looked a little closer and they do have an airbag. I never noticed that before.

Also if I get seats with heat how hard do you think it would be to run the wires and put it in the dash? Honostly it seems like its more trouble than its worth.

And on a different note are the floor mats from Jettas and Golfs the same?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dont think that i would be worth the ekstra work to install the seat heat, you will need to run wires and you will need to install the adjust switch in the dash board and proberly some realys to get it to work.

I think that the floor mats are the same in golf and jetta, but as far as i remember its not the same as the NB

·
ElectricHarleyHouseOfLove
1,754 Posts
well, i know crazyjames put his beetle monster mats in his golf... so it's probable they'd work the other way around. except for the golfs lac of those little posts to hold the may in place i think. (i could check for sure tomorrow evening, actually, if no one knows for sure)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well thanks for the update. Will seats from a Jetta work? I thought that they were all 4dr so I wouldn't have the little lever to get in the back.

·
Registered
119 Posts
yes it should be, all the connectors are the same in a NB and Golf. Before you buy the seats check that it is Recaro seats, some models of the GTI is equiped with VW own seats, they are not bad but not the same quality as the Recaro seats, so the price should be lower if the seat isnt a Recaro GTI seat

A Recaro seat it will have the Recaro name on it and you will se that the side of the seat goes up around the headrest like this

VW own GTI seat doesnt have the Recaro name on it and is flat on the top of the seat like the normal NB seat

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its not the Recaro seats, just the leather VW ones. They are in medium condition and are $250. Does that sound like a reasonable deal?

And they are close enough for me to pick them up so no 150+ shipping charges. :D

Edit: BTW none of your pics are working.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sounds like a fair price, here in EU a complete Recaro leather interior goes for around 1-1200euro

Yea all of the Recaro stuff was way more than just the VW leather. It really wasn't worth it to spend $900 on seats for a 3-4k car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey thanks for all the help. Here are some pictures of what I finally ended up with. 2 hours of driving to pick them up for 270 with tax. I'm very satisfied with them.

The only problem is the connector for the airbag is different. Is there a way to get an adapter or buy the connector separately so I could rewire the seats?

And if anyone is wondering they are from a 2002 GTI.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts