VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:screwy:I got that rivet problem thing going on with my 2000 1.8t beetle air pump. I looked in the Bentleys about removing the pump to repair the unit with the nuts and bolts,but there is no real detail about removal in the manual. It looks that if I get the unit loose I won't be able to remove it from the car because of all the junk in the area. Any pointers or help would be appreciated. I have the volkswagen new beetle service manual 1998-2002. Is there a more detailed manual for this car because this thing seems to be lacking in many area's. I have factory manuals for my other cars cadillac,corvette and they seem way more detailed and helpful.

·
Twizzler
447 Posts
I just removed mine this evening. You need to remove two of the three allen head bolts that are holdingg the SAI bracket in place. The third one, which is on the farthest left needs to be loosened. If your pump was hanging like mine was you just twist it into position and shove or temporarily remove the power steering reservoir to get it out, be sure to disconnect the SAI power connector. If yours is still mounted to the plastic vibration mounts you will need to take those off and seperate the pump from its metal mount. My plastic vibration mounts were all cracked off leaving my pump bouncing around.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see the one bolt near the dip stick ,do the other ones go through the manifold My drawing in bently only shows two bolts but I really dont trust, Bently they dont tell the whole story. Getting the power wire disconnected can be a real challenge I had it off once before . Tx. for the help so far.

·
Twizzler
447 Posts
There is definantly three bolts otherwise the mount will not release. Three hex heads, bluish stretch type bolts. Two right in the manifold, one on the right and one on the left; the third one that you see easily in the front right of the manifold attached to a metal frame for hoses. The connector is fairly easy to release, just use a smallish flat head and pry up the tab gently a bit and pull the plug off.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tx for the info. I plan on taking care of this problem over the weekend. Ill let ya know how I did. Last weekend it was the Burnt wires on the iginition switch problem and the week befoe it was the broken wire under the seat problem with the air bags. I hope this will be it for a while!!!!:toast:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts