NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone specify any details on the easiest way to remove the secondary check valve. Also what would be the torque specs be on insulation.

thanks in advanced everyone!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which engine do you have and what problem in the secondary air injection system are you having? Any trouble codes?
2.5L engine. We’ve been trying to smog the car. Originally we had a check engine lightthat was the 02 sensor. We fixed that and drive the car several miles. No more check engine light butwhen we get it smogged their secondary air system says not ready. Thesmog guy suggested we replace the secondary air pump which we have and now also bought secondary air check valve but not sure how to replace thatone so looking for some helpful directions.

Thank you for replying btw! AppreCiate it

·
Registered
11,914 Posts
Well, you need to diagnose the problem correctly; you can do some checks and confirm, which parts are defective. Throwing parts at the problem and hoping for a "fix", can get expensive ! Check out this thread for info and videos, on how to find the source of your possible sai readiness not passing issues (good videos).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We already confirmed it’s the problem. Sorry I should have put that. Just looking on some helpful steps on how to remove and replace the secondary check valve

·
Registered
11,914 Posts
service manual links:

testing:

I'm not seeing any particular info; on replacement, it looks to be on top of the engine and I assume, a easy replacement? Sorry, don't have a 2.5L to refer to; is this the same part, you are referring to?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts