VW Beetle Forum banner

481 - 500 of 505 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was reading this thread last night and woke up this morning super excited to t try some of these out. This morning i tried the door lock thing that rolls the windows up and down and it was awesome! Downfall to this: the next time i tried to open the door the alarm wouldn't shut off so now every time i try to open my doors the emergency lights go off. Has this ever happened to any of you after trying the window thing???? HELP!

·
Aimee M.
230 Posts
Between exploring my little Beetle on my own, reading the owner's manual, and my roommate getting a Jetta only 2 years younger (Almost all the same neat features! Except his glove box has an optional vent to give it air conditioning. It's a mini refrigerator on demand!), we discovered all these secrets :D

Al is the one who told me about the folding seat awesomeness, over the phone while he was busy working, letting a complete stranger that he'd never met check out Cup alone in the parking lot with car keys in hand.
I couldn't WAIT to play with the seats in Sagra after I got him.

I have to move the seats in order to be able to accomplish the feat- the headrests get in the way. The backrest of the back seat also does not go all the way flat in Sagra- there is still a bit of an angle to it.

Plus, the headrests stored in those neat little holes cannot support weight if you are laying back there having a picnic at a Sonic. They are simply holes in the seat foam- no support at all so the headrest posts can wobble all around in there. I plan to weld something in there to change that someday- the headrests should be able to be used as pillows!

·
Super Moderator
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #487
Hadn't known about that! New secret!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello.. I'm not new to Volkswagens and after reading this thread in one sitting, I wonder if some of this tricks/gadgets were left out of the Owners Manual intentionally.. just to make the user experience richer every time a new secret gets discovered or learned?

Also, this makes users to communicate with eachother forming a great community...

Just the VW way of thinking... always giving that extra to the user.

This is my car.. BTW on a recent show in San Antonio, tx.

·
Super Moderator
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #489
That's the most unique roof rack I have ever seen! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Little bit of Mexican craftsmanship... and lots of love!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My first post will be to bump this thread.

I've read through all 25 pages today and can't wait to try some of these secrets on my new bug (just bought it on the 30th)!

·
Super Moderator
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
Awesome! I hope you followed my tip about getting a beverage, and a comfy seat, before digging into this thread. :D

Thanks for joining us, and have fun with all you've learned!

·
High mileage driver found
268 Posts
If you have the later ('05ish and up) MP3 CD Player, A) it will fit into any New Beetle from '98 up without any mods, and b) you can add an auxiliary input jack with VW part number 1C1 035 745B - just hit the CD button twice and it goes to auxiliary mode.

·
Ooo shiny!
154 Posts
Not sure about secrets, but you can't lock the car door with the driverside switch with the door open, and you can't use a second key fob to lock or unlock the doors or trunk if one is in the ignition. VW sure does not want you to lock your keys inside the car. About the only way is to lock them in the trunk :usererr:
Heh, heh, been there, done that and in my driveway, with my house key attached! Luckily it was a pleasant day and AAA came pretty quick. :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
I completely disassembled my rolled over Beetle, in that process I learned a bit more about how it all goes together.

Here is an interesting secret that I can share. at the factory many of the components must have been assembled to this tray and bolted into the car as a short cut. It's held in with bolts from the engine bay side but glued in with otherworldly sealant.

I'm guessing your brake and clutch, some of the engine wiring harness and some ac components ( if not the whole hvac assembly )

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,365 Posts
That's pretty cool. Makes sense though. Attach as many smaller pieces as one can to a bigger piece and stick the bigger piece in. Then it's on to the next one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the bud vase.....I'm an avid user of chapstick. I've been using my bud vase holder as my chapstick keeper, perfect fit!

481 - 500 of 505 Posts