NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how to turn off the alarm or fix this gremlin issue? Between this and the door ajar alarm while driving, no one wants to drive this car! what is the reason for alarm sounding and no one around? Please help. This car is driving us nuts!

·
Turbo
317 Posts
Check your sensors. Mine was going nuts too and I found out it was my vehicle speed sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
5/23/10 <3
11,172 Posts

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
I also had this problem and the cause was 2 loose screws. Once those were tightened, problem solved. Open the hatch and find 2 tiny screws, 1 on each side. If you need a pic, let me know.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Not sure how a dead batter in a remote or VSS is going to cause the alarm to go off... :rolleyes:

If the door latch is messed up and sending a random open door signal, then that would cause random alarms. If you have VCDS (VAG COM Diagnostic System), then you can go into the Comfort Control Module and view what the last 4 alarm triggers were to confirm this.

I've also seen where the OEM radios will cause random alarm triggers. The fun part is the radio and hood latch are wired up together for the alarm. Pulling the radio out some and reseating it tends to fix this issue.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Not sure how a dead batter in a remote or VSS is going to cause the alarm to go off... :rolleyes:

If the door latch is messed up and sending a random open door signal, then that would cause random alarms. If you have VCDS (VAG COM Diagnostic System), then you can go into the Comfort Control Module and view what the last 4 alarm triggers were to confirm this.

I've also seen where the OEM radios will cause random alarm triggers. The fun part is the radio and hood latch are wired up together for the alarm. Pulling the radio out some and reseating it tends to fix this issue.
Proof is in the puddin' as they say.

1) Alarm goes off.
2) Remote doesn't respond until 2 feet away.
3) Replace FOB battery.
4) No more random alarm.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,172 Posts
Since the "door ajar" light is on, I doubt its the fob and definitely think its due to a failed door microswitch.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Since the "door ajar" light is on, I doubt its the fob and definitely think its due to a failed door microswitch.
I'll second that. A weak remote battery will only result in a very limited range that the remote will work. Maybe the panic button on the remote was screwy, but I feel safe in saying that a weak remote battery doesn't cause false alarms... trust me, I'm a professional. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lots if different ideas in this I see. Kinda does sound like its related to the door problem. The door ajar light is not on actually. Door buzzer starts randomly while driving and especially when road is bumpy. I need a quick fix for these two problems and if they are related them maybe there's a way. I tried pulling the fuse for the door buzzer/overhead light but it also made windows stop working. What now?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts