VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May or may not be important but Theres been a variety of developments in the original problem leading up to this. Ran perfect before. Started as a crank no start, left it at work for a few days went back to test something while cranking but it just happened to start so I took off in it just to get it moved.

Got it to auto zone but on the way is when the check engine light started flashing w/the rough sluggish rattley sputtery thing only when I gave it gas.

Wont even start back auto zone. They let me leave it there. I get 13 codes. I buy testers, replace a few fuses, bought a new coolant temp sensor (because that was a code it threw even though I had just bought the last one in it months ago), bought a new fuel pump relay fuse for 50$.

Intrestingly, the old one wasn't even the type for my car and was missing 1 prong entirely out of 3.. just happened to fit & work for that long. (I looked it up the price for old one & it was only 11$..vs the 50 I paid for the right one, guess I see why)

Even more interesting, THAT gets it to fire right up. Every single time. No more no-start issue.

However, the flashing check engine light w/the same rough acceleration I mentioned before remains & is at least seemingly worsening.

Had someone replace spark plugs and coil pack. The issue remains.

At least I got I down to 4 codes, though they don't really tell me anything. I even have VCDS lite registered & the cord now but so far it didn't tell me anything different than the OBD reader did. Although all I know how to do is run "auto scan".

As much as Ive ruled out I know the right person can tell me exactly what it most likely has to be..there can't possibly be many possibilities left.

I got one thing in mind but Id like to hear another opinion first. Please respond, anything helps. I made this account back when it all first happened and I was still pregnant but just had a baby and have been stuck home ever since.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
Please post all trouble codes you first got and after the changes you did, cleared, then rescanned, what you now have. Also, what year, model, engine code (2.0L?) and trans do you have. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts