NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone! I am in desperate need of some guidance, here :confused:

I have just 6 days to sell or donate my 2000 standard engine Vapor Blue Beetle ( I'm the original owner ). It's difficult to place a value on it since it's got it's fair share of issues:

-Transmission is in horrible shape and needs to be replaced ( struggles over 30mph )

-mileage = 124k

-Passenger side door panel has deteriorated and the plastic handle actually broke off

-Small crack in windshield ( 'been there since 2003; never spread )

-The car's been sitting idle since July after New Century VW diagnosed it with a "rotten transmission". The battery will no longer hold a charge. It needs to be replaced.

-Missing 3 of the plastic "VW" hubcap covers ( those small attachments; $33-per )

-Missing the antenna

-Very minor cosmetic issues: door dings, small scrapes.

-The window switches on the driver's side are loose, and require a "special touch" in order to operate the power windows

The good news:

-All 4 tires, the radiator, and timing belt have been replaced within the last 1-2 years

-I have the certificate of authenticity, collectible book w/date of purchase, leather-bound information book, and the car's ENTIRE work history ( 99% done at New Century VW ).

-IT'S VAPOR BLUE ;);)

My fiance and I are moving to Germany next week for work. Is it worth trying to sell this car, or should I just donate it? ANY advice of any kind would be extremely helpful.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yikes! I can't believe you are the original owner of a 2000 NB and have had 99% of the work done at New Century VW. I live near you in Hollywood. When I first got my NB 3 years ago, I had it towed to New Century beacause the car wouldn't start and I didn't know any better. I found out about the "Stealership" slang for dealership from them. Doesn't sound like they have been very good stewards of your NB. Anyway, I found an excellent independent VW guy, Mauricio at JOMAG VW in SIlverlake. 323/661-0493 - Call and ask him if he knows anyone who wants to buy a NB, tell him the condition. He may give you a guideline on price as well, snice that's all he does is work on Veedubs. Then put it on craig's list. Good luck in Germany. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would steal that precious beetle from you if I lived in cali. That is if you donated it. With the transmission in that kind of condition alone I don't think anyone but a mechanic would buy it. Maybe keep it in storage if you ever come back!

·
Stuck in Massachusetts
38 Posts
Gee I have 11 months before my oldest turns 16... this would make a perfect gift. Too bad I'm on the east coast :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts