NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own a 2003 New Beetle 2.0 L. It's looking like I'm going to have to replace 1-3 sensors that correlate with the throttle body. This is still being determined, so I was wondering if anyone new what that would cost? Thanks!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
What sensors are you referring to? What exactly is going on?

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Hi, I own a 2003 New Beetle 2.0 L. It's looking like I'm going to have to replace 1-3 sensors that correlate with the throttle body. This is still being determined, so I was wondering if anyone new what that would cost? Thanks!
I am with Smileybug, No way to know or guess even until we know what sensors you are talking about. There's about a million of them on those cars ;)
What are your symptoms and what codes come up when you get it scanned?

·
Registered
762 Posts
There are 2 sensors in the Throttle Body, they are not sold as separate items, one has to purchase the whole Throttle Body.

I will put this on the table, you can run into issues where you get fault codes about the Throttle Body, but it is something else causing the problems.... in a case like that, swapping out the Throttle Body doesn't fix the issue.

But as it stands, we have no useful info to know what is going on. Can you post a full Auto-Scan from the car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts