NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my first post on this site so please be gentle. I searched the site for this answer with no luck.
I recently bought my wife a 2013 2.0 turbo Beetle Convertible and we both love it. Unfortunately it did not come with Sirius radio; the dealer can’t help us and a local audio guy I have used in the past can’t either.
It has the standard eight speaker system that I think sounds surprisingly good so would like to keep the stock Blaupunkt deck if possible.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Post a picture of the radio up.

Also does the radio have a button that says Aux or SAT?

I know the older "New Beetle" up to 2010 had the Sirius option and it could be retrofitted if you were reasonabled skilled.

I have all the Sirius hardware to update my 2003 with a 6 CD changer and Aux input.

The good news if your head unit will control the Sirius modules, if it is the same as mine, you can get them new for about $50.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all, my first post on this site so please be gentle. I searched the site for this answer with no luck.
I recently bought my wife a 2013 2.0 turbo Beetle Convertible and we both love it. Unfortunately it did not come with Sirius radio; the dealer can’t help us and a local audio guy I have used in the past can’t either.
It has the standard eight speaker system that I think sounds surprisingly good so would like to keep the stock Blaupunkt deck if possible.
Any suggestions?
The dealer can install a factory VW radio with Sirius. I'd go that route to keep the stock look. We opted for the 315 factory radio with navigation. A little pricy but works well My wife can't find her way out of the driveway without nav. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
The dealer can install a factory VW radio with Sirius. I'd go that route to keep the stock look. We opted for the 315 factory radio with navigation. A little pricy but works well My wife can't find her way out of the driveway without nav. :D
Exactly this is the best decision to look the way of dealer who installs VW radio with Sirius. If you will take any idea rather then it is possibility that the standard speakers would not work fine on radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts