NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ylello
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:guitar::banana::banana::banana::balloons::banana::banana::banana::guitar:

This deserved its own thread!!!!

I finally have a happy new beetle with a shiny new NJ Inspection sticker good for two years and no check engine light or codes, in fact, currently a perfect print out. I might frame that bad boy. :D

Thank you for everyone's help. I couldn't have gotten through this without your advice and ideas which were passed on to my VW mechanic.

Happy happy happy!!

Pics to follow!

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
:guitar::banana::banana::banana::balloons::banana::banana::banana::guitar:

This deserved its own thread!!!!

I finally have a happy new beetle with a shiny new NJ Inspection sticker good for two years and no check engine light or codes, in fact, currently a perfect print out. I might frame that bad boy. :D

Thank you for everyone's help. I couldn't have gotten through this without your advice and ideas which were passed on to my VW mechanic.

Happy happy happy!!

Pics to follow!
YEAH!! Congrats!! :guitar::balloons::clap::clap::bigthumb:

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy you got her and she passed!!! Sounds like a nice Christmas gift!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
That's great, but now you have 2 years to get a scan tool and fix the problem correctly as history says you will likely get your CEL back soon. Not an issue, having a scan tool is nice as you can quickly and easily check the codes without waiting. If you know it is not a serious problem, you log the info, clear the code and move on without worrying. The problem with the CEL is you have no idea if the problem is serious or needs immediate attention or just a nuisance code. I have nuisance codes on one of my cars, I get the CEL on at 70 MPH, I can connect the tool, read the codes while driving, if the codes are the nuisance codes, I clear them while driving and never miss a beat of get worried. If I really wanted I could just keep the the tool connected, however, I do not get the codes that often.

I would look on Craigslist for a cheap used Driod, I have an old one around here I may push into service so I do not need to let me phone go with my ODB adapter!

Or check out the VAG405, I have one on the way I paid $37 for. Not sure it provides real time data, but for $37 I will add it to my collection of scan tools and software that puts me up to about a dozen at this point!

·
Ali's Dad
229 Posts
Congratulations! Really glad we don't have inspections here in Illinois. That said Ziva is codeless at the moment.:):):):):D

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
Oh by the way, if you call VW and give them the vin number, they will send you a birth certificate!!!!
I have 3, one for each NB Felix, Opie and now Ernie

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
When I finally passed, a few months ago, I high-fived the tester. :lol:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Call VW who? Mine came from a local dealership here in Austin, if I call them who do I talk to service or sales? I want one, and Pedro needs one. We must separate or wants from our needs. :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have read the thread and had to find out about the birth certificate!:) did a online chat at VW and she gave me customer care....#1-800-822-8987.... I listened then pressed #5... A very nice man helped me... Think I was his first one!!! I just had to answer a few questions.So I should receive it in a couple of weeks:) and he said it looks really cool!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Ylello
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't wait to call them tomorrow!!! I would love to have her bc.

It is so weird how this little bug feels like one of our family members. I have had a lot of cars I have loved, and the Jeep's shoes she is filling are big ones to fill for sure, I loved that Jeep. But I smile every single time I am in her. And the coolest thing so far is seeing people do "Punch buggy" when I drive by. I have so far seen three sets of kids do it. :D My son tried to tell me he now gets unlimited punch buggy but I said owners and passengers are not allowed to play using the bug they are in. :cool:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I called today, they asked me if he had a nickname. I told him yes, his name is Pedro, because he is my amigo and he comes from south of the border. They also asked me how many miles did I have on him so I told them 167,000, and he told me my birth certificate should be here within 7 to 10 days. :) Thank you guys so much I would have never figured this out on my own!

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts