VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
Just a fyi, there are many vw dealers that sell parts online; at a substantial savings, for the same parts. 1stvw, jimellis, vwpartsvortex, quirkparts and others, can be quite a bit lower, in price. Although, I do understand; it can be helpful, to work with a local VW dealer and if there are any issues, they are there for you. ECSTUNING, sells stock parts and FCPEURO, has lifetime; on all their parts.

I look up part numbers on the VW parts site and ETKA; then, look online for the best prices.

parts.vw.com

Lastly, almost ALL VW parts; will have the part # imprinted on them and then, search for them online.

·
Registered
2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Turbo
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a fyi, there are many vw dealers that sell parts online; at a substantial savings, for the same parts. 1stvw, jimellis, vwpartsvortex and others, can be quite a bit lower, in price. Although, I do understand; it can be helpful, to work with a local VW dealer and if there are any issues, they are there for you. ECSTUNING, sells stock parts and FCPEURO, has lifetime; on all their parts.

It was a total impulse buy. I was sick of looking at the old shifter. I did order new headlights online as the dealer wants $450/ea.

·
Registered
2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Turbo
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get it, most of us; have interiors, that need work and are looking tired. Thanks, for making the videos and sharing your restoration process, for your new beetle! :)
Thanks for watching! I'll be doing a lot more with my new beetle in the near future. In addition to the headlights, I'm going to see about some sport springs and sway bars. Once I get the poor fuel economy issue sorted then we will see about an ECU tune.

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
Well, if you are thinking about things; you might create a "build" page and document your process. You might discuss, what you are thinking of doing and getting feedback from members, who already, have "been there" and could provide some solid, advice, possible solutions. If you ever decide, to get "hands on" with repairs or diagnosing, troubleshooting issues, we are here to help. I would advise, investing in a vw factory level scan tool; VCDS or a more easy to use, OBDeleven, are popular VW specific scan tools. Even, if you have your local VW dealer do the work; keeping an eye on things and being able to read trouble codes, can save you allot of money, you will learn allot about your car. The new beetle, has a minimum of speedo info/gauges and so, a wireless dongle like obdeleven or a elm327 with a app, can allow you to make your own "dash" with as many gauges as you want and keep tabs, on what is going on (e.g. boost levels, coolant temps, fuel trims, etc.). Other options, are ScanGuage, P3 vent guages and many others, if you want something; that stays in the car and you don't have to hook up, each time, you drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts