VW Beetle Forum banner

Shift cover

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  billymade 
#1 ·
I’m looking for a shift cover with the two magnets on it like the photo I’ve enclosed, need help finding one having no luck.
Electronics Technology Electronic device Hardware programmer Electronic component

See less See more
#2 ·
These break all the time; they are still available new from vw and then there is used but many used ones are broken, damaged or work out, as well. I had a similar problem with a 09G six speed and I ended up getting a used one and swapping good parts from both the old/used one, to come out with one that was functional.

#4 ·
Hello.. I am attempting to piece meal a "cover" like you did... my question is ..does the magnetic snippit go under the vertical ribbed section or does slide on top... or does it stay stationary? I have the snippit entact but not sure were to place it... your help is greatly appreciated... james

#3 ·
I had this happen when all of the little pieces disintegrated. Salvaging what I could I was able to use Gorilla tape to make a repair which allows the the piece to function properly. This was 2 years ago and it’s still going strong [emoji106] Cheaper too [emoji457]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Its been awhile since i cannibalized and put things back together, to make one good shifter assembly. I threw all the bad parts away and so, i can’t look at things and refer to them, to refresh my memory.

Maybe, post some photos of your parts and we can try to advise you on correct reassembly? This can help others in the future, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.