VW Beetle Forum banner

Convertible or Bust?

• Just keep shoppin, It's out there... somewhere...

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Keep dreamin... maybe a sunroof?

Votes: 2 15.4%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm sure it would be nice to meet you all, and i look forward to being a part of this fine ORG. I dont own a NB yet, but within the next few months I will have bought one, and I have several plans for her when i get her. i can't wait! :D
My only problem is that I can no longer find one with less than or around 75k miles, that hasn't been miraculously marked up in price to somewhere near brand-new value...I may be a little too picky, searching for leather seats and a CD player, also vaguely dreaming of my profile zooming by in a convertible... :( (plus, i was somewhat hoping to keep the price around 10k, give or take a few grand :eek: )
Anyone out there think they might be able to help? I've done alot of thinking/research/shopping and my heart is deeply set on a new beetle. I cant see myself in the driver seat of anything else.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
keep lookin' and you'll find your car. have you checked the online resources like:

www.ebay.com
www.cars.com
www.autotrader.com

or your local newspaper? i think private sellers are the way to go.

good luck and keep us posted! i know waiting is hard, but you'll be happy when you finally get your car! ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,806 Posts
Good luck to you, and don't settle! The right one will call out to you, even if it's not black....These New Beetles are funny that way. :wink2:

Welcome to the Org! :wave3:

·
Just having fun!!!!!!!!!!
333 Posts
Just keep your eyes and ears open and you will see or hear about a beetle that is just right for you!:) Don't give up.:)

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
You should check out Mike's car that he has for sale. Look at the thread for his '99 listed by YeahIdriveabugsowut in the for sale thread. Car has everything you want but leather and even with shipping would be way less than 10K! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WNAB911 said:
You should check out Mike's car that he has for sale. Look at the thread for his '99 listed by YeahIdriveabugsowut in the for sale thread. Car has everything you want but leather and even with shipping would be way less than 10K! :)
Sounds like a looker! Thank you all! (this is such a friendly Org!):D

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
I think Mike sold his car tonight for $6,200. Someone is coming down from Buffalo to pick it up this weekend.

·
Just Bugged
61 Posts
Just keep looking till you find what you want, so many times I see someone trying to sell a car they bought a couple of months eailer because the one they wanted came up for sale.

·
2TIMEBUGMAN
35 Posts
in search of car.....

My '99 did not sell yet. The gentleman has been decent but nothing more then a hollow promise as of yet. I have 2 other's interested but nothiung solid. Will let it go to the 1st real offer.

2.0L, 5 speed, new tint, VW cd changer, Monsoon system, factory sunglass holder over door, factory over head console garage door and sunglass holder, new tires with less then 6K on them, 7 month old battery, new fog light lenses, very clean. Runs great. Let me know if interested. See my post for more + tons o' pics.

Buy mine now and come out to pick it up on 12/10/05 for the VW Holiday Cruise and Night out....we have like close to 50 car loads of VW people coming. Would be a blast!

Good luck with your hunt!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, i will admit that i've spent a good few minutes drooling over your car's pix SOWUT, itsa pretty one. The only problems I have are number one: New York? :( (although i would LOVE to join that holiday night out, sounds like a blast!) And secondly: While I can give you a solid offer monetarily at this moment, I wouldnt be able to actually make the transaction until january 4th or so at the LATEST. :(

·
Super Moderator
14,806 Posts
I'm rooting for you to get your Bug. The SoCal NB Club is waiting for you....... :wink2:

·
2TIMEBUGMAN
35 Posts
Looks to have sold this morning...time for more VR6 bolt on's and another possible project for the winter (if the wife allows):D .

Thanks for the interest! Good luck with your hunt. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awww... Kay, well, thank you all for the many votes of confidence! :D You'll know just a few moments after I know when Ill be getting my bug... So, i'll be in touch!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts