NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here with very little car knowledge. A good friend is selling her 2003, 115k Beetle, no damage. The A/C is not working. In your experience, what can I expect to pay for replacement? Would I need to take it to a VW dealership for this work? The price for the car as-is is $2500. Worth it?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Manual transmission? Probably, as long as it doesn't have a laundry list of other issues. Automatic transmissions from 99-03 are not something you want and I regard vehicles with them as parts cars only.

Common issues you can expect..sagging head liner, door lock module problems, ac problems, headlight problems. All these are easy fixes for the DIY guy/gal, changing out or having the auto transmission rebuilt, is not something you want to deal with.

AC issues and fix thread.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you friend take it to a mechanic (pay for it if you must) and have them look over the car?

It's better to waste $150~ then to buy a used car with a major issue + bad blood between friends.

Like the post said above A/c is a common issue in my case it was a burnt fuse box (on top of the battery) IIRC it would of been a $100~ fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts