NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for my first real post on the site, I figured I would ask to see pictures of stereo and sub setups/enclosures in your Beetles. I plan on putting two 12s and a 1200 watt amp in my Fiance's Beetle, so I'm trying to figure out how I should go about installing these, or what I should get for a box. I had these same two subs in the back of a Focus, so I'm hoping I can stuff these in the Bug pretty easily.

I appreciate seeing some pictures, and if you have any ideas or comments, let me know. I've also pondered building a fiberglass enclosure, but I just need some ideas.

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
I stuffed 2-12s in the trunk along with the amps to push the 12s and 2 sets of RF FanQ 6.5 comps. I have since ported the box and upgraded to RF T1 12s. :D

Attachments

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great looking setups so far, it's giving me some good ideas, and making me want to start tearing into the Beetle real soon.

Hey NBTurboFreak, did you have to remove your backseat in order to have that setup, and also, did you get the box from somewhere, or did you build it yourself.

I appreciate everyones pictures and advice. Keep those pictures coming!!:D

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
Everything is hidden for the stereo. Only things you can see from the outside and in the car it the upgraded head unit and the custome tweeter covers for the seperate rear tweeters I added. Back seat folds up just fine. The amps fit between the box and the rear seat. only drawback is I ended up ditching the spare because I needed the extra air space and it was the only direction I could go. I still have little pockets on the sides for jumber cables, fuse packs, tire wrench, and the stock jack. The box was custom made. I am thinking of changing it up in the future to include a spare and maybe go with 1 RF T2 15" and fiberglass the whole thing. I wil try to get some updated pic up soon.

·
I <3 my band!
1,149 Posts
I dont' have anything fancy, but here's my head unit

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X889

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Here is my set-up, it's 2 10" infinity reference subs , 2 6-1/2" infinity reference 2-ways, 2 6-1/2" infinity reference components, kenwood KDC-MP4032 Head unit, 940W to power everything, 600 for the 6-1/2" speakers the rest for the subs. The subs and a-pillars are in custom fiberglassed enclosures. Everything has been rewired, so no more stock stereo wires :D.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Here's how I make stereo pictures:

·
Registered
234 Posts
heres a pic of my sub and amp, it's an alpine type s and an old mtx amp. It's in a custom fiberglass box that I built. Pounds pretty hard and sounds great with the rest of the system. The other thing is my water injection system that I built for my detonation control.

Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used the Blaupunkt London MP37, i did some looking around on ebay, it seemed like that was the brand volkswagen used to put in the beetles back years ago, so i figured i'd keep with that, and the varicolour worked great with the interior lighing, red matching perfectly and the blue matching the clock and temp exactly, and the instruments just off barely

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
In my 2002 Turbo S, I loved the Monsoon stereo. After driving a 2006 Passat for nearly six months, and listening to a Dynaudio stereo in it, when I bought another Turbo S, the Monsoon sounded terrible! :eek:

So, I bought another stereo. I had prerequisites: MP3 CD capable, detachable face, front AUX for my IRiver MP3, Sirius ready. I got a Sony CDX-GT510, and it has a bonus: Red lighting to match my dash! :bigthumb:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts