NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again, I thought this would be a fun idea.

My watch is a Timex Ironman Datalink USB, it's prettty cool, it's like a PDA on a watch, it can have several alarms on it at once, appointments, notes, phone numbers, variable tones, and even the mode titles are customizeable.

Granted, all this can be done with a cell phone now, but i'm the last person on earth without one.

Here's a quick pic of it with the usb wire attached.

So now, lemme see what you use to keep time when your away from your bug or away from the org (eep!).

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've got a Citizen Eco-Drive that I have ahd for a while. It's getting a bit scratched but I don't think I'll be replacing it any time soon given the price on one of these. That and since it's an Eco-Drive, I never have to replace a battery because there isn't one. It stays charged by me.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Photo said:
I've got a Citizen Eco-Drive
Bill and I both have Eco-Drive watches. I never had a "good" watch until I got this one. It is probably the last one I will ever own. :bowdown:

Citizen Eco-Drives Rock! :banana:

·
Your mileage may vary
7,566 Posts
"Dull topic?" Yeah, well, that's why I never posted it. I'm a watch guy. Some Timex. Some Rolex. Some you probably never heard of. No matter.

This is the most recent arrival. It's a Tissot T Navigator 3000. It's what's known as a multifunction (yup, just as G-Shocks are). This one features a display of time in over a hundred cities worldwide. It also has two alarms which can be custom set to a particular day of the week, as well as the time. You can also choose one of five alarm "melodies." It has a stopwatch thats clocks to 1/100th of a second. It has a countdown timer. It has a date display that can be set to six languages. And all of this stuff is controlled by touching the crystal.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I'm a watch gal. I have several that run and several that don't. I even have my mom's last watch that is solid gold but doesn't run any more. Darn shame.

My 2 favorites are my Tag Heuer Series 6000 and my St. Moritz dive watch.

Here's the Tag:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Love the Luminox. I have a less expensive one that is a Navy Seals watch I used for diving. It doesn't run any more. They really are the brightest eluminating watch I've ever seen. In deep water and low light, I could always see the hands and time which is critical for diving. My St. Moritz isn't as good. Love the Rolex.

·
Banned
2,553 Posts
hestersu said:
My 2 favorites are my Tag Heuer Series 6000 and my St. Moritz dive watch.
this is by far the best watch up here. Tag Heuer is the best swiss time piece to be made, imo. i know... i bought a Chronograph about three years ago, so i'm a bit biased. i think the craftsmanship of Tag is reflected in the price, but well worth it.

·
Super Moderator
5,310 Posts
I just have a cheap old Timex. I just had to replace it a few months ago. The one before that lasted about 7-8 years on the same battery. I had to buy about 3 different watch bands though :p My new one is the same as my old one, just a little updated.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I have a moody Bulova, as best as we can tell it was bought for a grandfather in the 1950s. Its rolled gold plate, crystal very scratched, and it keeps perfect time....as long as I wear it. When I was pregnant, it gained time, when Maria was born, it went back to normal...
I also have a silver toned Gruen with Edwardian style floral detail on the case and blued steel hands that I found at a yard sale for 10 usd....It had a horrid Speidel stretch band, which was the wrong size, I removed that and made a new one from 4 strands of blush seed pearls..

1 - 20 of 49 Posts