NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1421 - 1440 of 1454 Posts

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
They are stock 16" steelies that I picked up at a U-Pull-It, cleaned up and powdercoated gloss black. The hubcaps are oem vintage domed stainless steel VW hubcaps, that I luckily found at Seward Speed Shop in Illinois. JBugs, I believe, has chrome versions.
VW Parts: 5x205 Stock VW Wheel Hubcaps & Accessories
I was able to find a set of German hubcap clips on eBay (which are obviously needed to mount the hubcaps) and that's it!

I am also running a set of 1-7/8" Portawalls as well. Despite the warnings during my research on them, these seem to be doing very well for me so far.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I know this thread has gone cold, but I'm a newb so I'm sure you guys will let me slide this time. ;)

Here is my humble addition to the thread!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Loving this thread and was happy to be able to participate! That being said the previous owner of my '02 Beetle GLS was thinking more about style than function when he threw these 18x8's on this car! I'm having some wheel well clearance issues.

What do other mk4 owners doing to help make these later model OEM rims fit and funciton?? Thanks!

·
Black Velvet
1,039 Posts
Loving this thread and was happy to be able to participate! That being said the previous owner of my '02 Beetle GLS was thinking more about style than function when he threw these 18x8's on this car! I'm having some wheel well clearance issues.

What do other mk4 owners doing to help make these later model OEM rims fit and funciton?? Thanks!
What are your tire size?

·
Black Velvet
1,039 Posts
235/40/R18 95H

Thanks for the reply blackbeetle1978! Some google-fu and number crunching has me thinking these 235's are causing the problem, but I definitely need to hear what others think!
Here's my 07 and it's lowered .I have 18x8 225/40 ZR18 tires. 18's are doable it just depends on the tires.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Yeah, 235 is supposed to fit... Do you have spacers or adaptors on your wheels?

I have 19x9 with 235 in the back and it fit...
Can you post some pics?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yes I do have 5x100 to 5x112 adapters installed. I don’t know the thickness, but I’ll measure and post pics later this evening.

Thanks for the replies!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Finally made it home and was able to take some pics! Here you guys, thanks for all the help!

Attachments

·
Banned
9 Posts
Hi, everybody. I gave my wife my car and now I want to take more and more. What do you think about buying a jeep compass? I just would like to go out of town more often with my family and I think that this car is just created for such trips. I will be useful all your tips. Thanks in advance!

1421 - 1440 of 1454 Posts