VW Beetle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
2,553 Posts
Shrek2 said:
Thanks for the compliment:) . The only part I dont care for are the eye lids. I feel a little bit stuck with them now because of the goop I used to install them.
can't you use a blow dryer to get em off?

either way, your bug loox good.

·
Oh noooooooo!
1,052 Posts
Shrek2 said:
Thanks for the compliment:) . The only part I dont care for are the eye lids. I feel a little bit stuck with them now because of the goop I used to install them.
I think Shrek looks great, I love the eyelids!:) I would certainly try the hairdryer. I used one when I was installing my Euro emblems and my old emblems came off much easier once they were warmed up. They came right off after I sawed through the glue with a piece of dental floss. I've heard good things about Goo Gone but I'm not sure how well it would work on those eyelids. Whatever you decide to do, I still think you have a fantastic car.:D

·
Tom
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I haven't posted in a while and thought I would post some new pictures. I haven't done much to the vert since last summer.

I got tired of the XM radio and added a iPod video to the custom mount next to the speedo pod. The iPod is controlled by the Kenwood stereo head unit.

I got rid of the "happier" shrek eyelids and the "Shrek 2" plates for that matter.
I installed slightly meaner looking eyelids today.

Anyway here are some more pictures....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,806 Posts
I'm glad to see new pics, but why no more "SHREK2" plates? :(

·
Stilrunin
46 Posts
looks great

Love to know what Eibach set up you are using and where you go the Beetle logos for the calipers?

Your car looks nice!!

·
Tom
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
PhoenixRising said:
I love this Bug. But why did you get rid of the plate? I hope you are still in a Happy Place.
I just thought the Shrek thing was a little over the top for a guy my age. Sometimes I felt like I was driving a clown car in a circus. I've tried to make to car appear more sporty. having the droopy eye lids kind of took away from that.

I'm in a transition to a happier place. I got tired of being so inactive and unhappy about being out of shape. I've changed my life completely so my car is now taking a back seat. I've been getting into really good shape for a change in my life and actually get out and socialize now for a change.

Tom:)

·
Super Moderator
14,806 Posts
You are in desperate need of a GetTogether!

PNW'ers, intervention time! :D

·
OG Black and Pink
3,446 Posts
Shrek2 said:
I just thought the Shrek thing was a little over the top for a guy my age. Sometimes I felt like I was driving a clown car in a circus. I've tried to make to car appear more sporty. having the droopy eye lids kind of took away from that.

I'm in a transition to a happier place. I got tired of being so inactive and unhappy about being out of shape. I've changed my life completely so my car is now taking a back seat. I've been getting into really good shape for a change in my life and actually get out and socialize now for a change.

Tom:)
Regardless if it's Shrek themed or not, you have a HOT NBC!!

And congrats on getting out there and becoming healthy. You know modifying and detailing is a good work out too.
:p

~Shonnel

·
Tom
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
dnyed said:
You are in desperate need of a GetTogether!

PNW'ers, intervention time! :D
It was so nice up north here yesterday. I left work for lunch and stayed gone the rest of the day. I drove around with the top down and came home....Okay I stopped by the mall and bought sun glasses. I puttered around a bit on the vert and thought about how fun it would be to see the NW gang.

·
Tom
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Oyveychris said:
You can get the VW caliper logos on Ebay. Supposedly high temp vinyl...
I cant remember where I found mine but they are starting to lift up off the paint in a few places. I might try to glue the ends down and if that doesnt work I'll just remove them. They really do add a nice touch though.

·
Tom
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Red Rider said:
Glad to see you back-nbc fantastic looking as usual

I like new lids better-where did you get lids-are they vinyl or the gts lids
I am a bit of a fair weather newbeetle.org friend. I kind of loose contact with the org during the NW gloomy dark months and then perk up a bit starting this time of year.

I almost traded my vert in a few months ago. They would have been happy to take it back and sell me the Passat I had my eye on...glad I changed my mind because of the nicer and longer days now.
I have to say that as well as I take care of my car, I give it a low score in holding up and keeping the fresh look. The leather is not holding up well and with 15,000 miles on a car I bought in May of 04 with little freeway driving, it is sure collecting a lot'a rock chips.

I think the eye lids are made by GTS. They were only about 30 or so bucks. they are made of the same think black plastic that my bug guard is made of. I was going to paint them body color but thought they went well as they were with the bug guard.

Tom

·
Tom
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
EvilinaDM101 said:
Regardless if it's Shrek themed or not, you have a HOT NBC!!

And congrats on getting out there and becoming healthy. You know modifying and detailing is a good work out too.
:p

~Shonnel

Thanks,

It feels alien to have abs and some tone. I'm certainly not buff ..actually kind of skinny to some people who knew me before..but I actually have some definition now instead of "man boobs".:eek: I feel like a vain teenager again. I color away any grey hair..and thankfully I have a full head of it, I tried color contacts which gave me the same feeling as having Shrek2" plates..so those are out now, and I've been seen a time or two at a the local tanning place.

·
Tom
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
mentalVdub said:
can't you use a blow dryer to get em off?

either way, your bug loox good.
They popped right off without much effort. I used plastic polish where the lids met the lights and then applied the more aggressive looking lids I recently found.

·
Best 2B Topless!!
285 Posts
Nice 'vert, Tom!! :D

Looks like a combo of my old bug & current ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,806 Posts
Tom and Shrek, where are you? :(

21 - 40 of 40 Posts