NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the side-view mirror on the driver side on my NB is fubar. It is currently dangling there by the wire that sends power to it for glass to move. I have no idea what happened to it, don't care. I just want it replaced, so where can I find replacement housings? Or even the entire assembly? It's an 02 Sport. Thanks.

~006

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
Just had same thing happen to me on the passenger side mirror. It went all floppy on me....Waiting for the part to arrive from 1stvwparts. I believe all you need is the motor/adjuster assembly that bolts to the door hinge. All the rest - glass, cover, trim etc. can be re-used.

the p/n is the same for all NB, both sides
1C0959577
adjuster with motor for rear view mirror / left lhd / "J..":
/ PR-6XD,6XN

cheers,
andrew

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think mine is actually busted all completely though. I will try to post pictures. The thing that holds the housing to the cylinder is broken...I guess you could call it the bracket or whatever. Pictures will sort this out. Hopefully I'll have some up tonight. *Crosses fingers* In any case, what you posted helps though, I appreciate that. Thanks.

~006

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oops, just received my order in the mail and it's the wrong part.....the part number I posted is just the hockey puck adjuster inside the mirror - be sure to check with a good parts guy before you order!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts