NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Custom User Title >.>
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that some (maybe all) models came with this option..

How can I tell if my Beetle had this particular option? If it did/does have this, I'd like to repair it.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
On my 03.5 TS there is a defrost emblem in between the left and right mirror adjust knob. I cant remember if my 2000GLX had the marking, but it did have the heaters.

·
Custom User Title >.>
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my 03.5 TS there is a defrost emblem in between the left and right mirror adjust knob. I cant remember if my 2000GLX had the marking, but it did have the heaters.
I have the emblem too, however looking in the owners manual shows it to be either/or "Neutral or Heat"..

So regardless of the label on the knob or control, it may or may not have had it.

Anyone know what option code heated mirrors are? I could look at that maybe....

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
You do know that they turn on with the rear defrost button? If you have the emblem I would guess they are heated.

·
Custom User Title >.>
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, its mentioned in the user manual, that rear defrost selection to on will also turn on mirror heaters if the car was so equipped.

But not all cars with the emblem had the option......

Does anyone know the option code or something? I'd like to be able to find out without taking the mirrors apart if the car came with heated mirrors to begin with.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
All you would have to do is pop off the mirror glass and see if it has 2 wires plugged into the glass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts