NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a '99 VW Beetle. I was wondering if it is possible to put '01 side mirrors or maybe the newest ones with the turn signals. If it is possible would the turn signals work??? any info would be great. Thanks

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Yup, it's possible. There was a how-to awhile ago that showed the precess of swapping to post-01 style mirrors, but i forgot if it was on the old forum, or on the late bug-mod.com.

I'm pretty sure adding 05 style mirros with the blinkers coundn't be too much harder, they'll just have to be wired to the sidemarkers.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
I did a quick search on the old forum, and all i found was that it was on bog-mod.com, and mrbeetlebrain had pdfs made of thier mods. Maybe you can PM him and see if he still ahs them and can email you the instructions.

·
Above average
510 Posts
I made this already at my 99 Beetle. It is a 4-5 hours job to do because of check wiring for the new led lights, checking the hinges for perfect fit plus my thoughts for : What should I do now with the orignal turn lights ???

Believe me, its a sensitive work but the result convinced.
But if you are lookking for ejust for the new New Beetle mirror version, checkout the By 2001 - they where already equipped with the new styling mirrors but without LED-turnlights. Thsi could be an alternative if you would like still using your original turnlights.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I did this mod and it's the most satisfying so far (to gether with my 18" superleggeras). I posted the How-to from Bugmod.com here: http://www.newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2017

I payed 180 USD for the mirrors, got them painted for free (amazing lucky me, there was another techno blue car at the paint shop which was painted for insurance) and payed $15 for a twelve-tooth socket wrench (for the door hinges). Plus 4 hours mounting per side. I'm quite slow with these kind of things because I don't want to make mistakes...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts