NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put the 2006 NB mirrors on my 2002... with the integrated turn signals... and shave the existing side markers.

I would assume that the 2006 mirrors would be the same fit as the existing ones, but does anyone know for sure? Also, would it be easier to shave/fill/paint the panel that the side markers are on, or would it be easier to get a panel of a 2006 and just paint and swap?

Insights? Advice?

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Several members have done it, still utilizing the body-mounted signals as well.

Since you already have the "new" mirror shape (2001+), it's a relatively easy swap that just needs some wiring. The integrated signal mirrors came in the 2003.5 model year. :)

-Des

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I never could find one and when I posted one to ask I was told would be so difficult because my mirrors are different. I hav an 01 but I've had her parked next to an 04 with the integrated mirror digs and they were same minus signals. I so want to do this too. Lmk if you find the thread or manage to do it yourself. I want to know if it does work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
That would work too but I don't know if I could bring myself to drill holes in any if iggys exterior bits :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2 BAD BEETLES
67 Posts
Easy

I have a 1999 and a 2001 and I have done them on both. They were easy to do. I am noe going to do them on my 2002 Tubo :Ds Good luck with yours.

·
Super Moderator
8,913 Posts
I have a 1999 and a 2001 and I have done them on both. They were easy to do. I am noe going to do them on my 2002 Tubo :Ds Good luck with yours.
A How-To would be nice.
I know there was one on here once, not sure where it made off to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts