VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 2.0L Beetle 2004, RHD.
I've found loads of help on here and many thanks to the great forum community.
This has helped me fix the EML issue, which was solved with a new fuel filler cap.
New badges front and rear.

I'm now trying to fix the drivers side RHD door mirror indicator or side repeaters as they get called on here.
The bulb unit was dead and this was confirmed when I tried it in the passenger side and a new replacement was bought from the dealers and fitted but this doesn't work either.:mad:
The rest of the indicators work and there is no double flash associated with a blown bulb.
So I'm scratching my head trying to work out a fix or find a problem.
Any help or clues would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had another look to see if i can find a fault or fix and the plot has thickened....

The door courtesy light and the door speaker also don't work.
Not major issues but it'd be nice if I can get them to work.
Looks like a bigger electrical fault somewhere.
They cables all look good in the connectors and the rubber grommet into the door framed, so might have to try and trace the cables back.
Makes it a bit harder to find fault as the speakers are riveted to the door so I can't swap them over at
and eliminate speaker or wiring fault.

Again, any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed..... sort of.
Couldn't find a live feed to the mirror LED, and i could only assume there is a broken cable somewhere.
Took a feed from the rear indicator and fed it through the rubber connector from the car into the door, and although its a bit of a bodge job it means that it now works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts