NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Drive Green! Eat Green!
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My NB is two weeks old (well, that's how long I've had her anyway). She's 2006 Pkg 1 TDI. As I was driving home from the park with my kids I pulled down the driver's side sun visor and heard something plastic snap. Now the visor won't go completely up (it sort of hangs there about 3/4 of an inch from the roof of the car). Any suggestions?

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
I feel you pain. My kids broke my clip too. Part cost about a dollar and takes maybe 10 seconds to change.
The cap prys off with a flat tip screwdriver. Remove 2 philips head screws and replace plastic hook.

Attachments

·
Drive Green! Eat Green!
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clarification -- it's the side visor (new on 2006 Beetles)

Oops. My post wasn't very clear. I'm not talking about the front driver's sun visor, but the one that's above the left driver's window.

I really wasn't being careless. In fact, I was just putting it down to get the sun out of my eyes when it snapped. I can't even see what was broken. I don't really see how I could be more careful--besides it's a brand new car! You wouldn't think that something as simple as a visor would break after only two weeks.:rant2:

Anyway, I plan to call the dealership and see what they say. At least it's not something vitally important.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Susan

·
Go Sox!
82 Posts
suzyq2463 said:
Oops. My post wasn't very clear. I'm not talking about the front driver's sun visor, but the one that's above the left driver's window.

I really wasn't being careless. In fact, I was just putting it down to get the sun out of my eyes when it snapped. I can't even see what was broken. I don't really see how I could be more careful--besides it's a brand new car! You wouldn't think that something as simple as a visor would break after only two weeks.:rant2:

Anyway, I plan to call the dealership and see what they say. At least it's not something vitally important.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Susan
I'm sure the dealership will fix it. VW covers even wear and tear items for 12 months or 12,000 miles.

·
75 year old car nut
93 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that the visors are worthless when the sun is 90 degrees to the drivers side, and low??? There should be some sort of extensions to lengthen the things to cover at least 1/2 the window! Earl

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
Do you know if there is a part number on the side visor. It would be interesting to see if it would fit on a older model :D

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
I know if you pull the visor down by itself, it may not retract flush. Try pulling down the grab handle, too, and allow it to go back as a unit.

-Des

·
A can of whoop @$$
166 Posts
I feel you pain. My kids broke my clip too. Part cost about a dollar and takes maybe 10 seconds to change.
The cap prys off with a flat tip screwdriver. Remove 2 philips head screws and replace plastic hook.
I noticed the other day that on my NBC the C shaped part that holds up one side of the visor is gone. the visor is now drooping towards the dash. Can I buy just that C shaped part and put it back there? :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts