VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the outside, body-colored caps over the side-view mirrors are removable on the 2005 NBs?

I'm thinking of removing them & having them painted gloss black to match my wheels & other interior trim bits.

Thanks

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
As far as I know, if they are the same as my 2003 "and I think they are" you need to remove the whole assembly to get the cover off. It was a pia on mine, it would be easier to shoot them on the car.

Sent from my Peace Love and "Six for Six" app

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looked that way in my Bently manual too...
Doesn't hurt to see if anyone has found a "way". I think I'll have to get some quotes to see if it is worth the effort. I think it would look good playing off the gloss black wheels. Wish I had some photoshop skills :eek:

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
Very very quickly done photoshop to give you a hint of how it would look:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
Thanks! Just what I wanted to see. Now to decide... ;)
A few layers of black Plastidip and several layers of Glossifier Dip would be a great way to test the look without doing anything permanent.

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
A few layers of black Plastidip and several layers of Glossifier Dip would be a great way to test the look without doing anything permanent.
That's a good idea. It would be a lot cheaper than spending the money to paint them and possibly the time taking them apart. I Think it would look good though having the black mirrors.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't seen that Glossifier out here yet - or maybe I just haven't looked, LOL

I did use Plastidip on my lower front grill & recessed area where the back up lights are on the rear bumper to help decide.

Both have been permanently painted now :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts