NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Beetle Convertible
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, what would cause a door window to not drop very far when you open the door handle or press the unlock button on the key fob? My passenger door window wouldn't drop at all until I replaced the door lock actuator and now it only drops like 1/8th of an inch. I need it to go down about double that to clear the top. Is it the window regulator? Or something else? Thanks

·
Registered
13,038 Posts
A common issue; watch this Bentley Publishers video, going over adjustments, pinch reset procedures and possible reasons, for it not working.

front window

back window

Otherwise, you might do a full auto scan for trouble codes; using a VW factory level scan tool, like VCDS by Ross Tech, window related problems, normally throw a VW factory trouble code. Let us know, how any scans for trouble codes, adjustments or reset procedures go, we can go from there. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 Beetle Convertible
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, that's the one I got. Cant wait to use it although I'm trying to figure the window issue out sooner than that. I'm going to take the panel off tomorrow and see what I can see. I've read that problems with the regulator and cables can keep the window from dropping too far

·
Registered
2007 Beetle Convertible
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@billymade I went ahead and bought part number W0133-1968921. It's a window regulator kit that should be genuine OEM. Is there an install instruction that you can point me to? I've read getting the cable over the last pulley can be a pain but wondering if there is an instruction video somewhere. Thanks.

In my troubleshooting, I found that there's no tension anywhere, the cables are all completely loose and saggy. So I apparently found my problem. Just waiting on the replacement cable set to come in the mail now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts