NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a used 2003 Manual, Convertible VW new beetle, 80K miles. I too have an engine light on with no codes present and an air bag light on the car. BUT the worst thing are the two windows; passenger and Driver. We simply shut the passenger dorr and the window shattered. A man was replacing it this morning and shortly after, it broke again. We now have noted that the drivers door window seems loose and rattles in the door frame.

Is another one of teh known issues (with a known fix I hope!)?

Any Hwlp would be great...my 16 year old daughter is pretty crushed...she drove it for one day.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,142 Posts
Not sure about your windows, but if you have a CEL and an air bag light on, there are codes! They may not be able to be read by a generic code reader though. You'll need access to a VAG-COM (VW specific OBDII Scan tool).

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Airbag Light

Check with your dealer about the crash sensor recall. I'm not sure what year 'verts were included but yours may be covered.

http://nhthqnwws112.odi.nhtsa.dot.g...is/Public/Recalls/2008/V/RCMN-08V242-9811.pdf

The windows are supposed to be slightly open (automatically when you pull the door handle) when the doors are opened and then seal with the rubber weatherstripping on the top when closed. Sounds like something is messed up with your window regulators and the window was in the "full up" position when you closed the door.

Good luck!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts