NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Should we turn the image feature on in the signatures?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
I'd like to see it turned on, as I have some swank avatar/signature combos..

But it is very easy to abuse... we moderators would have a rather large task ahead of us making sure that people have appropriate images.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
BUGNME said:
:crying: :crying: :crying: Keep it on!!!!!!!:banana:
What Antoine is refering to, is the ability to put an image in your signature with the IMG tag.. This is different then the ability to put a smiley in there...

·
Super Moderator
8,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CrazyJames said:
But it is very easy to abuse... we moderators would have a rather large task ahead of us making sure that people have appropriate images.
We'd probably have to add that to the rules as well.
Be nice if there were a few people that could edit them...I guess all mods will be able to post offenders in the mod forum and then nor, James and Jeff can clean them up.

·
Super Moderator
8,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pdoel said:
I vote no. "Maybe" if we can go back to the "only signature on the first post of a page" type thing.

I know of other sites that allow this, and it just looks kinda nasty. It kinda throws off the whole look of the forums.

I prefer the cleaner look of just text and smilies.

I thought we were going back to the signature once on a page...are we not going to be able to do that?

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
marvins_dad said:
I thought we were going back to the signature once on a page...are we not going to be able to do that?
I believe that that was a hack of the templates... which we are trying to avoid...

·
Grandma LOVES bubbles!!
1,450 Posts
CrazyJames said:
What Antoine is refering to, is the ability to put an image in your signature with the IMG tag.. This is different then the ability to put a smiley in there...
You mean like my crazy smilie in my sig??? If we keep up with moderating it as people re-join, I wouldn't think it would be a problem!! I'm sure some would abuse it, but what else is new? I know I went on a hunt for too long sig lines awhile ago and most had no problem changing them.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Sig images...

I'm 100% for smilies in the sigs.

70% for images in the sigs.

I should look to see, I bet we can regulate resolutions and such. But the content of the images... that's the biggest.

There will be ALOT of "is this appropriate or not" threads in the hide-out over this one....

I wouldn't mind giving it a chance; but I think we should be ready to turn it off.

noR

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
text sigs:
can offer multiple links... images cannot(unless we turn on html down there... HELL NO).
blend in well
have no locked limit other than character count (which is big since we allow vb code.

image sigs:
look friggin' SWEET.
can get pretty raunchy (but I guess people can do that in txt too)
serve as seperators between posts (which may screw up the planned design)

i haven't voted yet. Kinda on the fence. I wouldn't mind seeing it... but at the same time I think I'll grow out of that.

noR

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
That "only show the sig once per page" thing was definitely a hack. Unless vb has added that as a standard feature, we won't be able to do it again. it took a lot of hacking to make it happen...

FWIW, I'm anti-images in sigs. No so hardcore that I'll throw down the gauntlet, but my vote is for no. I also like the cleaner look, plus I think the content moderation would be a PITA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts