NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If possible, is there a way to set it so that signatures don't show with every entry you do in the same thread? That was nice on the old threads .... you saw someone's siggy the first time they commented - only once in each thread.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
beetlegirl25 said:
If possible, is there a way to set it so that signatures don't show with every entry you do in the same thread? That was nice on the old threads .... you saw someone's siggy the first time they commented - only once in each thread.
This change on the old forums was done via some creative manipulation of the database and templates, which we are trying to avoid with the new forum so that we can easily apply patches and security updates.

We may look at doing this in the future, but for now it will remain as showing the signature per post.

James

·
Send Money
1,135 Posts
Are we going to self-regulate at 5 lines max per sig like before?

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
beetlegirl25 said:
I fixed mine. :) Mine was far too long previously. So no need to regulate me! :p
Regulate, huh?

Sixteen in the clip and one in tha hole
Nate Dogg is about ta make some bodies turn cold
Now they dropping and yellin', it's a tad bit late
Nate Dogg and Warren G had ta regulate!

Good song. :)

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jcroft said:
Regulate, huh?

Sixteen in the clip and one in tha hole
Nate Dogg is about ta make some bodies turn cold
Now they dropping and yellin', it's a tad bit late
Nate Dogg and Warren G had ta regulate!

Good song. :)
Oh my! That was impressive. I'm so amazed I remember Nate Dogg and Warren G.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Toad said:
Is it set that you dont see your own signature? Or it it something i did?

*edit*
Nevermind, it seemed to work on this thread.
Signatures don't show up on posts you made before adding the signature. I suspect this is what threw you for a loop. :)

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
CrazyJames said:
This change on the old forums was done via some creative manipulation of the database and templates, which we are trying to avoid with the new forum so that we can easily apply patches and security updates.

We may look at doing this in the future, but for now it will remain as showing the signature per post.

James
i believe that this version of vb has that built in, somewhere, to show sig only once per page of a thread.
another forum i worked on, had this as part of a "restricted user". not sure exactly where it was, but i believe it is in the admin cp, somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
iBug said:
i believe that this version of vb has that built in, somewhere, to show sig only once per page of a thread.
another forum i worked on, had this as part of a "restricted user". not sure exactly where it was, but i believe it is in the admin cp, somewhere.
I don't think so. At least, I couldn't find it. I"ll look again, though. :)

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Signature

I saw that Shrek II had what looked like a signature page,
and now I can't find it.
I'm stumbling around here a bit, but I like it.
So how can we do our own sig. page with pics and mods?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
CA Solt said:
I saw that Shrek II had what looked like a signature page,
and now I can't find it.
I'm stumbling around here a bit, but I like it.
So how can we do our own sig. page with pics and mods?
You can put a link in your sig to another thread.

I imagine what Shrek has is a thread in the Gallery: New Beetles. And he's got a link from his sig, into that gallery thread.

This is by far the most efficient way of making that information available w/o broadcasting it on every post.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts