VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a very nice beetle convertible and now that I've got the engine running sweet and refurbished all the brakes, time to tackle the drivers sill. Previous owner had caught it and botched a repair with half a tin, big tin!, of filler.

Time to cut out the sill and replace it with a new section. But the more I look at pictures of replacement sills, the more they don't look the same for the convertible and the non-convertible. I think it looks egg shaped compared to the saloon car which is more round.

Am I right in saying the sills for the saloon and convertible are different?

TIA

·
Registered
16,162 Posts
I would check with your VW dealer; you might confirm part # differences, between the sedan, convertible; using the USA vw parts site or online ETKA, I do think there is a difference between the sedan and convertible models, check here:

www.parts.vw.com

Then, there is the world wide ETKA parts catalog; mirrored online, from a number of sites and you can choose, the specific region of your vehicle:

On ebay usa and uk; there seemed to be replacements available and then, there is VW's official vintage parts site, in Wolfsburg, Germany that can probably get them if you cannot, through your vw dealer or online sites.

You can search with your VIN #; to get the right parts for your car:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts