VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter the wattage I pump into the front speakers there is little to no volume, I am thinking of upgrading the rear speakers and if possible moving the existing rear speakers to the doors. Are they the same size? I have a nice Kenwood radio so am not using the stock radio in the car. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Monsoon, I even hooked up the fronts to the head unit as if they were the rear speakers and at full volume they are near silent. This summer I will upgrade speakers, another project took my energy and money so the speakers will be done at a later date. I am assuming they are the same size.

·
Registered
66 Posts
From what I've read, yes. If you do not have the monsoon radio, the speakers are the same. With the monsoon the doors are mid bass only... So any speaker you out there will only be mids, and bass. Just ordered some cheap Pyle woofers for mine today. They were REALLY cheap... But if they play, and I can hear them, I'm good. I'm getting less picky in my old age. 30 years ago I would drop 3 grand on a complete system.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I am reading, the front door speakers will not replace the rears as they are Woofers, and tweeters in the pillars, but if one wants to put the rear speaker in the front it will work as a regular full speaker and accomplish what I want,I still do not know if they are both the same size. So, if they are the same size I should be able to move the rear speakers to the doors and put new speakers in the back, let me know if the speaker sizes match up from rear to door

1 - 10 of 10 Posts