VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I using a USA Spec aux box to hook up my wifes iPod to her 02 bug.

First of all, how do I tell if she has a monsoon system and does it matter with this box?

Second, I was planning on hooking the box directly up to the back of the stereo but I noticed a plug in the trunk under a small square piece of plastic. Does this mean I can do either or???

Please, someone with experience help!

Thanks!
ryan

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
The connector is the trunk is for the CD changer. The Monsoon radio does not have a power button, per se. The radio turns on and off with the volume button on the left. Also, the words Monsoon appear in the display when the unit is turned on.

I would imagine USA Spec device would work with the Monsoon as the USA Spec aux box mimics the CD changer as far as the head unit is concerned. You would also need the right cable. I do not know if the aux box ships with both the back of the radio adapter and the one for the trunk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! Thanks for the info. I've been googling all day trying to figure this out. It's either between the Blitzsafe or this Usa Spec. I've been leaning towards the Usa Spec because it's cheaper and I can order it from a big reliable place such as crutchfield. I've only seen small companies selling the Blitzsafe. So, my wife does not have the Monsoon radio. Does this have a plug in the back for the cd changer? I'd like to hook up the adapter straight to the head unit rather than the plug in the trunk...

thanks for the reply
ryan

·
Registered
54 Posts
The USA Spec thingy goes on the CD changer plug in the trunk. BLitzsafe does make something that goes on the back of the headunit (as well as one that goes on the CD changer plug) - I don't have experiance with either one, although I do have a VWCDPIC (similar to the USA Spec device). If I needed a 2nd input, I'd probably get the USA Spec unit - easier to install (don't have to remove radio).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts