NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Low & Slow
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i just did this and people complicate it way too much so here is my diagram. i am not responsible for anything you do to your car. make sure the 25 ohm 5w resister is pretty close to the headlight housing and it will get hot so make sure you don't wrap it up and keep it away from anything flamable. you can run the city light to anything you want because i am pretty sure we do not have a wire dedicated to this. and you can see that i left the 3 wires to the ballast blank. this is because i recommend using aftermarket universal ballasts and a D2S bulb harness and an HID relay kit all which eliminates a lot of your work to install these. i pictured all of the items below but you can search to find the parts. i got mine from ebay.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Let's not get into this Bash. :D Personally I didn't feel like spending ~$800 (IIRC) at the dealer on parts for a "pure" bixenon swap for a 10 year old car. Especially one that almost never gets driven at night. ;)

·
Low & Slow
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Above average
528 Posts
Looks fair to me due to only ONE Bi-Xenon headlight costs 700 USD - and if you like getting Original parts...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts