VW Beetle Forum banner

Sirius XM

Tags
sirius xm
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jfoj 
#1 ·
I was in my friend's 2012 KIA Rio the other day and I liked her Sirius XM and I wondered if it would be possible to have it added to my 2002 New Beetle Sport.

Thanks!

#2 ·
They have plug-in receivers, but your best bet is a new head unit, with satellite capablitites. I had a nice Sony with Sirius. It is truly missed!

If you do buy a new head unit, have it professionally installed. :eek:

#3 ·
An aftermarket head unis one way to go, however, I updated my OEM Monsoon 2003 cassette head unit to a later model OEM Sat/Aux head unit. It allowed me to keep the OEM 6 CD changer as well as the newer head unit plays MP3 CD's and displays track info.

I now have a Aux input that I have a Belkin Bluetooth device that allows me to stream music/Pandora from my phone via A2DP and also have hands free speaker phone with audio via the car speakers.

I also have an OEM Sirius module to go in the car once the weather warms up and I have a spare afternoon. I have all the cables and connectors, I just need the time.

Not an easy approach, but it has everything except NAV, but if I use my phone for NAV while streaming Pandora the NAV commands will come over the car speakers while reducing Pandora volume.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.